-Installing a printer is a breeze. There isn't many pesky steps or add in cards to worry about. Most of your problems if any may reside with a system setting such as bi-directional parallel port setting in the BIOS. Now lets get to it and start printing goodies out. With system shut down follow steps below.
1. Find a flat place to place your printer.
2. Connect the parallel cable to the printer and then into the computer printer port. The end that will go into the printer will require you to pinch the sides to insert and seat.
3. Plug power cord into wall outlet or protector.
4. Power up printer and let it go through its steps.
5. Start system up
6. Insert Printer Software
7. Windows will recognize your new device
-Further installation procedure of a device refer here |Here|